DSNSG services are available to all serving and ex-serving personnel and their families


 Disabled Persons’ Parking Permits or Authorities

This enables eligible people to use the parking bays displaying the disability parking symbol and are available either through the Road Traffic Authority (or equivalent) or your local Council, depending on the State / Territory. A number of concessions are also available to those in receipt of a Disabled Persons’ Parking Permit.

A reciprocal arrangement exits between the States and Territories when in receipt of a current Disabled Parking Permit. Please note that the concessions available to you vary from State to State and it is suggested that you check with the Road Traffic Authority for up-to-date information. Upon expiry of your Disabled Parking Permit, you will need to meet the eligibility criteria of the new State / Territory before obtaining a new permit.

Taxi Transport Subsidy Scheme

This voucher scheme available in all States and Territories, enables people with severe and permanent disabilities which limit mobility, to travel in taxis for a 50% discount off the metered fare. Eligibility criteria exist and all applicants are subject to a medical assessment.

Although there is a reciprocal arrangement between the States / Territories, you cannot use your vouchers in another State / Territory. Upon posting, any unused vouchers can be exchanged for those used in the new State or Territory.

Patient Assistance Travel Scheme (PATS)

This scheme is designed to assist those people who require specialist medical or dental services that are not available within a certain distance from their place of residence. It is available in every State and Territory (under different names) and is administered by the Health Department. The scheme is subject to certain eligibility criteria.

Transport for School Students with Disabilities

Those students with disabilities who cannot use public transport may be entitled to special transport arrangements to and from school. To see whether you may be eligible, please check with the Department of Education in your State/Territory or with the DCO REDLO.

Community Transport Services

The Home and Community Care (HACC) Program provides funding for community transport services for people with disabilities of all ages. These may include:

  • travel for medical appointments,
  • transport to day care Centres,
  • transport to therapy

Please contact your local Council or HACC service for more information. 

If you have any questions regarding special needs for a child or dependant and need assistance click here to tell us 'What's up?' or to give us a call

Back to top

Our Sponsors